Neuro Peak is a nootropic supplement made by a company named Zhou Nutrition from the USA. They make safe, natural, and high-performing supplements to boost your brain power and mental performance. Neuro Peak is the company’s only nootropic supplement, and it’s described as a natural brain supplement support for focus, memory, and clarity. According to Zhou Nutrition, Neuro Peak’s formula can also help with anxiety and it can lower your stress levels.
The ingredients found in this product are clearly listed on the bottle. It’s important because, without a precise list of ingredients, it’s impossible to determine whether a nootropic product is good or not.
- St. John’s Wort – The main psychoactive component of St. John’s Wort is Hyperforin. It’s believed that this element acts as an anti-depressant. Also, researches have shown that St. John’s Wort has other cognitive-enhancing effects.
- DMAE – Dimethylaminoethanol is an ethanol molecule that is believed to be involved in acetylcholine synthesis. It protects the body acting as an antioxidant, as well.
- N-Acetyl-L Carnitine HCL – Acetyl-L Carnitine is more commonly known in nootropics circles as ALCAR. It is included in many nootropics because of its ability to increase alertness and mitochondrial capacity. It’s a safe supplement, and it has a broad range of different benefits.
- L-Glutamine – This ingredient is not very special when it comes to brain boosting. It’s a common amino acid found in our natural diet. More research is required, but, it is thought to have immune-system-supporting properties.
- Phosphatidylserine 4% complex – Phosphatidylserine is very similar to fat. This ingredient is the vital part of any smart drugs nootropics. Many studies have shown that this ingredient improves brain power and helps to improve memory in older people. Preventing cognitive decline is important to seniors.
- Ginkgo Biloba – It improves the blood flow to the brain thus increasing the level of oxygen in your brain. Remember, the more oxygen in the brain – the better your mental capacity becomes. It is a very simple yet effective component of every nootropic supplement.
- Vinpocetine – Vinpocetine is one of those “all-round” cognitive boosters. Periwinkle has been used to help memory and cognition for a long time, and recent studies have shown that it can increase cerebral blood flow without raising your blood pressure. We don’t have as much evidence for Vinpocetine’s functionality as we do with Choline and Bacopa monnieri, but it’s getting more attention over time.
- Bacopa Monnieri – Every nootropic supplement should have a good amount of Bacopa monnieri. It is a potent antioxidant, and it helps with memory enhancement and cognition. The benefits of this ingredient become more and more apparent as the time passes. That’s why individuals who use nootropics with this ingredient for, let’s say, 12 months feel the effects more than people who use it for six months.
- Huperzine A – It is a known acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. What this means is that Huperzine A prevents the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine from forming. This prevention increases and raises acetylcholine availability. Better short-term memory, cognitive functions and concentration are all connected with Huperzine A.
All of these ingredients work in synergy to help improve your brain power. Some people though may have concerns about some of these components. For example, DMAE is one of the elements people are not so positive about. Many users swear by it; others say the effects are minimal.
Brain chemistry is complicated, and every brain reacts differently on various elements. A definite link between DMAE and acetylcholine is not established. Although taking DMAE is regarded as a reliable and safe way to increase acetylcholine availability in the brain, many users report that it causes unpleasant side effects when taken on a regular basis. The side effects aren’t that serious, though; it’s mainly mild headaches.
The side effects
For the majority of users, Neuro Peak has very few side effects. The serving sizes are too small to have a serious impact on your body. The ingredients are also tested, approved, and widely used. The major factor in side effects is, as we said, DMAE. It is not recommended for pregnant women to use this nootropic. Also, it’s not recommended for individuals under 18 years of age.
After all, there is no reason to believe that DMAE at 50mg can cause any serious side effects in healthy adults.
Does Neuro Peak work?
Neuro Peak has a lot of great ingredients; there’s no doubt about that. But, these ingredients can be found in almost any nootropic product.
Neuro Peak has a lot of great ingredients; there’s no doubt about that. But, these ingredients can be found in almost any nootropic product. The essential problem is that there aren’t enough of some ingredients to make this product a grade-A nootropic. More Ginkgo Biloba and a more reliable and efficient cholinergic than DMAE would make this product a top-quality one. Even more, DMAE would be a big help to this stack, regardless of people’s opinions about this element.
At the end of the day, every brain works differently, so every individual feels slightly different results. It’s all relative, but the common outcome is better cognitive functions, brain power, and memory. The most important thing with nootropics is consistency. If you break the line of uniformity, you’ll negate everything leading to that moment. Recommended dosage by the manufacturer is two pills a day before a meal. Don’t exceed this dose. When you become more experienced with nootropic supplements, you’ll be able to fine-tune your dose of nootropics.
As we said, the manufacturer recommends one capsule taken 1-2 times daily, with meals or as directed by a healthcare professional. St. John’s Wort may contribute to photosensitivity resulting in skin irritation and redness in persons exposed to intense sunlight or tanning booths.
Discontinue use 2-3 weeks before some surgical or dental procedures due to increased risk of bleeding. Avoid use in individuals who are trying to conceive, based on the general reduction of fertility. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, individuals with seizure history, or with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this dietary supplement.